Southport Golf Academy GC
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION POLICY 2023
1. STATEMENT OF INTENT
1.1 Southport Golf Academy (‘The Club’) shares the belief of England Golf and Lancashire Union of Golf Clubs that golf belongs to everyone. All who play and all who aspire to play must have an equal opportunity to do so.
1.2 The Club is committed to the principles of equality and diversity throughout its membership, its paid and volunteer workforce and any others with whom the Club engages.
1.3 The Club considers that everyone should play their part in making golf inclusive and aims to ensure that all people, irrespective of background or Protected Characteristics, have a genuine opportunity to engage with golf. We will not disadvantage any individual by imposing conditions or requirements which cannot be justified.
2. WHO DOES THIS POLICY APPLY TO?
2.1 This Policy shall apply to, and be binding upon the Club, its Executive Committee, staff, volunteers, coaches, contractors, squad players, agents, and representatives working, holding office or acting for or on behalf of the Club.
3. OTHER IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
This policy works with other documents adopted by the Club, in particular:
Recruitment policy and standard terms of service, which relate to the relationship between the Club and those it employs and the recruitment process.
Disciplinary Regulations which may be used to deal with alleged breaches of this policy.
Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, and Safeguarding Adults Policy, which will be followed in respect of any matters which give rise to a safeguarding concern.
Code of Conduct which set out the standards of behaviour and conduct expected from members, those who are attending Club events, or representing, working for of otherwise engaging with the Club in some capacity.
Complaints Policy which may be used to deal with concerns raised about the actions of the Club
Data Protection Policy which sets out how we will handle personal data, including data collected to monitor diversity in line with this Policy.
4. POLICY IMPLEMENTATION
A. WHAT WE WILL DO
1. Promote fairness, equality, diversity and respect for everyone working, volunteering or participating in the sport of golf or otherwise engaging with the Club.
2. Ensure that all competitions, events and activities are administered by the Club are carried out in a fair and equitable way (except where specific situations and conditions prevent this, or where we consider that Positive Action is a proportionate way to achieve a legitimate aim).
3. Monitor and review Club policies, procedures and regulations to ensure that they are consistent with the requirements of this policy, including policies relating to admission to membership.
4. Where practical we will take steps to monitor the diversity of the Club’s members, participants, players, volunteers and others that we may engage with in order to measure and assess the impact of this policy
5. Provide appropriate training and support to staff, volunteers, officials and others.
6. Make reasonable adjustments for those with a disability.
7. Publish this policy on the Club website.
B. WHAT WE WON’T DO
1. Discriminate against anyone, either directly or indirectly, on the basis of a Protected Characteristic.
2. Subject anyone to less favourable treatment on the basis of them doing a Protected Act (victimisation).
3. Subject anyone to harassment in relation to a Protected Characteristic.