WE start tentatively following the slow move back to some sort of normality. Fixtures below.
|SGA Golf Club||Summer 2021 Calendar|
|Saturday 1st||May||2020 Club Championship||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Wednesday 12th or Saturday 15th||May||Medal||Stableford (Q)|
|Tuesday 25th or Saturday 29th||May||Medal||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Wednesday 9th or Saturday 12th||June||Medal||Stableford (Q)|
|Tuesday 22nd or Saturday 26th||June||Medal||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Wednesday 7th or Saturday 10th||July||Medal||Stableford (Q)|
|Wednesday 14th & Thursday 15th||July||SGA Open||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Wednesday 21st & Saturday 24th||July||Medal||Stableford (Q)|
|Tuesday 3rd or Saturday 7th||August||Medal||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Wednesday 11th or Saturday 14th||August||Medal||Stableford (Q)|
|Tuesday 24th or Saturday 28th||August||Medal||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Wednesday 31st or Saturday 4th||August/ September||Medal||Stableford (Q)|
|Tuesday 14th or Saturday 18th||September||Medal||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Saturday 2nd||October||2021 Club Championship||Strokeplay (Q)|
|Order of Merit – Best 9 from 12 (excl Club Championship)|
|The SGA Masters and Seve Trophy have been postponed for now but may be added back in and will be additional competitions for the Order of Merit.|
GENERAL RULES 2021
To qualify to play in the formal competitions and the Summer Leagues, all players must be fully paid up members and have a current playing contract.
To qualify for the Club Championship, players must shoot the lowest or second lowest gross in any formal competition from April to September subject to Committee decision. The Victor Ludorum Trophy (Champion of Champions) will be competed for by any formal competition winner and second. (Nett Score).
In the event that either the player who comes first or second in the second and subsequent competitions has already qualified, then the player with the next best net or gross score will qualify.
In addition, all players must have competed in at least 5 of the formal competitions to qualify for either of these trophies.
To enter a Strokeplay or Stableford competition, players need to:
- Register their entry in the Pro Shop
- Collect their score card and fee envelope
- Play with at least one other member playing in the competition
- Leave their completed and signed scorecards plus fee in the envelope provided, in the box behind the door in the Pro Shop on the day of the competition.
The results will be posted a couple of days after the last competition date on the notice board and the Web Site
Further competitions will be added in red and these are open to all players who use SGA, the organisers arranging format, handicaps timings.
The Order of Merit will be decided by taking a players best 9 rounds from the 11 qualifiers and awarding points for positions.
First Weeks details
SGA GOLF CLUB 2021 NEXT COMPETITION
Tuesday 25th May or Saturday 29th May 2021
- Strokeplay – 18 holes – WHITE TEES for ALL Players
- Members of the SGA Golf Club can play either day, but NOT both.
- All players MUST enter their playing times in advance on the list in the Pro shop. Players seeking partners should enter names there also.
- New World Handicap System in play – check how many shots you have with your handicap against the chart on the wall between the Proshop and the café.
- Make sure you have paid the entry fee – £3.00 in an envelope to be collected from the Pro Shop, mark your name on it, date, tee time and place it in the post box in the shop prior to play.
- Do not exchange cards.
- Mark your name and your playing partners name clearly, mark your score in the player A column and your partners in the scorers column.
- At the end of the round make sure you both agree the scores for each as they will be checked, any mistakes could result in disqualification.
- Cards should then be posted in the post box in the pro shop afterwards.
- Flags should remain in place.
- Bunkers are in play – but balls can be lifted and placed within 6 inches. Please try to smooth the bunkers with a club afterwards (we still are not allowed to provide rakes).
- New members, or lapsed members without a handicap are reminded to put cards in (signed by a member) whenever they play (9 holes or 18). This will help to speed up the allocation of a handicap within the new England Golf System. Just mark the card HANDICAP and ensure your playing partners name is clearly printed.